Edutest Pty Ltd (ABN 97 379 772 276 ), henceforth known as Edutest, is an educational assessment services organisation. Edutest will collect personal information that is required for us to provide the following testing services to schools, parents, and students, such as:
- scholarship testing
- placement testing
- entrance testing
- international student testing
- online practice tests
- what personal information Edutest collects about you;
- how we collect your personal information, how we hold it, how we use it, and who we disclose it to;
- what information we may collect from you when you use our website or an Edutest product or service; and
- how you may access and seek correction of your personal information or complain about a breach of your privacy.
Where the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is applicable to any personal information collected by us we will comply with our obligations and your rights under the Regulations.
All correspondence and telephone advice is only provided to the person identified as the parent in the online application form.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect depends on your relationship with us – whether you are a client, a candidate, or an employee – and the product or service we are delivering. It may include:
- your contact details (such as name, address, email address, phone number, DOB, gender, school year level, relationship to next of kin, parents, siblings, guardians or contact person);
- your website registration and login information;
- parent/child device meta data such as IP, device;
- information submitted through our website such as your responses to custom questions, and application notes which could contain personal information;
- records of payments used on our website to purchase our products and services;
- government-related identifiers and information (such as student number, working with children details and police checks); and
- the content of email queries you may send to us.
When do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when you contact us, purchase or use our products or services (including when you sit a test, or register with us online).
Given the nature of our products and services, we often collect personal information about you from third parties, such as the school or educational institution that you (or your child) attends.
Why do we collect the information and how do we use or disclose it?
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information:
- to deliver our educational products and services, such as testing and assessments;
- through communications with you, including emails and telephone calls, including providing support through our support services;
- through communications with others; and
- in the course of our business functions and activities
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to schools, who have contracted with us for the provision of our products and services. For example, if you are a candidate for an Edutest scholarship test, we will supply your test results to those schools to which you have applied for a scholarship;
- to entities who assist us in providing and administering our products and services (including hosting, data storage, payment systems, data interpretation and analysis, printing, and scanning providers);
- facilitating payment for the purchase of services through our website or otherwise. In this case you will be directed to (or we may use to facilitate the transaction) a third party website (a secure internet payment gateway) approved by the relevant financial institution to enter your credit card payment details;
- data from assessments may be used for future research and test improvement, but at no time will identification of personal information be used for these purposes; and
- where we are required to do so by law, or to government agencies, or individuals appointed by government, responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints concerning our products or services.
Do we disclose your information overseas?
For remote testing students residing overseas we may disclose the student's name and secure login ID for the purpose of conducting online testing:
- to your authorised overseas testing provider to whom we need to provide your personal information in order to deliver our products and services.
How do we hold your personal information and keep it secure?
We hold your personal information in a combination of electronic and hard copy files. We may store your personal information with one or more third party data storage providers.
Providing it is lawful and practical, we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or not providing personal information when you deal with us. If you elect not to provide us with personal information than we may not be able to provide testing services, or the information, products, services or support that you may want.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by the use of various methods, including password protection and secure storage. Where we store your personal information with a third party data storage provider, we require them to keep it secure and only use or disclose it for the purpose for which it was provided.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorised use of your personal information that we hold.
How can you seek access to, and correction of your information?
You may request access to your personal information by writing to us or contacting us at any time at the details below. We will need to verify your identity before we can give you access. We will promptly acknowledge receipt, and we will endeavour to deal with and respond to your request within a reasonable time (usually within two weeks).
In certain circumstances, we are permitted by law to refuse access to your personal information (such as where providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals or would reveal our test scoring processes or other commercially sensitive information). This includes test questions or booklets, students' answer sheets from the examination they undertook, or their individual answers to specific questions. Parents may receive a Student Report from the School they have applied to, after the scholarship/entrance testing, which provides normative results. However, parents do not have access to the raw scores from which these results were obtained.
In such cases, we will give you a written explanation for our decision and how you can complain if you are not satisfied with our decision.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant, you may ask us to correct it. We will take reasonable steps to correct it unless we disagree with your reasons. If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will give you a written explanation why.
How can you seek further information or complain about a breach of your privacy?
The Business Manager
Edutest Pty Ltd
PO Box 5323
South Melbourne. Victoria. 3205. Australia
We will investigate any complaint and notify you of our decision in relation to the complaint, as soon as practicable after it is received.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner: www.oaic.gov.au