Edutest Pty Ltd is an educational assessment organisation that provides online practice testing, and educational and scholarship testing via its website: www.edutest.com.au
Edutest also provides pencil and paper assessments for scholarship and educational purposes, with scholarship applications being accessed online.
Edutest provides these services to schools, parents and students.
- Provision of online practice tests for students. Parents and students may access the Edutest website: www.edutest.com.au and purchase a series of tests for their use. The tests are year level specific and assess student abilities and achievements. The Edutest practice tests give students an idea of the style and format of questions that they will encounter on the day of their scholarship exam, but not necessarily the level of difficulty that a scholarship exam will present. The practice tests contain 20 items per test, while the actual scholarship exams are more detailed and have more questions, with varying degrees of difficulty.
In purchasing the tests, parents/students can access the appropriate test or tests. Upon completion of the purchased tests, parents have access via their password to review the results online. Purchase of such tests does not provide the user with access to follow up discussions/explanations of test results (relating to both practice tests and scholarship tests) with Edutest personnel or consultants; nor does the use of such tests guarantee scholarship selection into a school. Practice tests terms and conditions
- Provision of online scholarship registration and payment. Parents use the Edutest site to apply to selected schools for their scholarship/entrance examinations. Selected schools provide Edutest with scholarship/entrance specific information that is accessed and completed by parents. In other words, Edutest hosts the schools’ application information on the Edutest website. Parents/students complete the schools’ required personal information online and make required payment as designated by the school.
- Parents/users can register online for more than one Edutest client school. The student sits only ONE Edutest examination in each period. If required, the results will be transferred by Edutest to the other schools with which your child is registered and that have test dates within that period. However, some examination results cannot be transferred to other schools, such as with specialist schools. In these cases, the following statement will appear in their special conditions - "There is NO SHARING OR TRANSFERRING OF RESULTS. " All other schools share results. The same email address MUST be used for every subsequent application. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure correct ID/passwords are used. www.edutest.com.au/
- Provision of educational and scholarship testing online via Edutest’s website: www.edutest.com.au. This is a provision for schools and educational institutions only, with access to a school specific password to access the testing, conduct online assessments, and access student results.
- Edutest is not responsible for the functionality of the user’s computers, user’s equipment or software failure, lack of competency or the user’s lack of technological know-how, nor will Edutest be responsible for client web browsers or internet connections. These are the sole responsibility of the user.
- In providing online assessment services, Edutest takes all reasonable measures to ensure ethical, valid and reliable assessment data and analysis. However, test results are a general indication only, and are a measure of the test taken at a specific time.
- Provision of scholarship and entrance examinations. All tests, data and assessment, and subsequent reporting of results to schools and parents, are owned by Edutest Pty Ltd. Parents and schools do not have access to scholarship/entrance/ practice test data, raw scores, detailed diagnostic data pertaining to student results, student answer sheets, or written expression responses; nor to follow up discussions/explanations of test results (relating to practice tests and scholarship/entrance tests) with Edutest personnel or consultants; nor does the use of such tests guarantee scholarship or entrance selection to a school. Parents may receive a Parent Report, outlining the general categories of their child's results, from the school where the examination was conducted. The issuing of the Parent Report is at the sole discretion of the school. No other results or data is provided to parents.
- Some schools require student photo ID to be brought on the day of the examination. Students will be asked to bring one of the following forms of ID to the testing:
· Student card issued by the candidate’s current school
· Current student travel card
· A recent class photograph with name clearly shown
· Passport (recent)
· Current library card (with photograph)
Should a student not bring a photo ID, then a photograph of your child will be taken on the day of the examination. Parents will then be notified to send a photo of their child, which will be checked against the photo taken on the day of the exam. The photographs will not be used for any other pupose other than student identification. Once student identification is checked, any photos taken on the examination day will be destroyed.
Modifications to services
Edutest reserves the right to modify or change its services including the fees, type of assessments offered and manner of reporting the results.
Edutest provides a print and online format testing tool. Any reasonable modifications or adjustments to our products to meet the needs of students with particular needs or requirements must be requested no later than 14 days prior to the testing date by the school or the family. Any modifications or adjustments to our tests are made at Edutest's discretion and in consultation with the school, and any necessary third party provider. The total cost of any alterations or adjustments is payable by the testing school. Additional costs may include, but are not limited to; test translations, test adjustments, test modifications, additional supervisor requirements, additional psychometric requirements, etc. Modifications such as braille papers must be requested no later than 2 months prior to testing, due to the production schedule for such papers. Modified tests remain the property of Edutest Pty Ltd.
Edutest also reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time and ongoing use by the user acknowledges these changes.
Links to Other Web Sites
This web site may contain links to other third party web sites. Edutest is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites. Such third party web sites are independently owned, controlled, or managed.
Fees and Refunds
Parents and students are urged to think carefully before purchasing online practice tests or registering for scholarship/entrance testing for selected Edutest schools.
The prices listed on the website are inclusive of GST (10%). Online payment is made using one of the credit cards listed on the site (VISA and Mastercard only) via the payment gateway. Practice tests can only be purchased via the online payment system, after which a secure password is issued immediately and emailed back to the user to access the test site. Scholarship registrations are also made via the online process, when the total amount specified, as designated by the school, must be paid before a scholarship application is deemed complete.
The remote testing service incurs an additional fee.
It should be noted that refunds for scholarship applications are awarded on an individual case-by-case basis, and Edutest will not be liable to refund you any monies paid, for your own equipment failure, a change of decision regarding a scholarship registration payment or purchasing a practice test (including being awarded a scholarship or entrance to another school) incorrect provision of personal data, failure to meet a school's eligibility criteria, or lack of technological understanding or knowledge of online procedures. The above reasons are not regarded as legitimate reasons for a refund of fees.
A refund of a scholarship/entrance examination fee will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and is subject to a 25% processing fee to cover the associated costs for the payment and cancellation.
NO REFUNDS will be provided within 7 days of the examination date.
In cases of a student being unable to attend an examination due to severe illness or misadventure, a medical certificate must be provided to Edutest by fax 03 8677 1153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The medical certificate must indicate the child was too unwell to attend the examination an must be received by midday of the first working day after the examination. Provision of a medical certificate does not automatically qualify a student to an alternative arrangement or special consideration.
All content contained on the website, including all software, graphics, text, results, reports, pictures and other material used in the provision of services by Edutest is the sole property of Edutest Pty Ltd.
Users also agree not to copy, photocopy, download, distribute, print or use other technology to take data and information off the website.
Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
By accessing and using the Edutest online Scholarship/Entrance test Registration process and/or online practice tests, the user agrees to the Terms and Conditions, as outlined above.