Academic assessment testing is conducted by schools and includes the following:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning (Abstract Reasoning for years 2 & 3)
- Reading Comprehension
- Written Expression (optional)
Edutest has the unique advantage of providing the school with more detailed and diagnostic feedback by:
- distinguishing between Verbal and Numerical Reasoning, rather than combining these two constructs under one test; and
- providing diagnostic data relating to questions/areas in which the student performed well or questions with which they struggled.
Academic assessment testing is a very valuable tool enabling schools to gain an objective understanding of the students they teach and the students they intend to enrol.
Importantly, the construct of the tests allows a school to track student performance over time.
The tests can either be done online or in pencil and paper format.
Edutest assessments are reliable and meaningful, and provide valid data based on large normative samples.
The online tests have the advantage of being accessible at any time via a secure login, and providing immediate results at the conclusion of the testing.
The pencil and paper testing is conducted and administered by Edutest supervisors, with results being forwarded to the school within 7 working days of testing.
Academic Assessment tests provide the following benefits:
- Group testing of an entire year cohort to assess the overall ability and achievement levels of the group.
- Assessing an individual’s ability and academic achievement.
- The ability to track students over time.
- Helping schools to design individual learning programmes.
- Measuring a school's ‘value added’.
- A reliable way of determining the suitable year level for students who are transferring from overseas, interstate or even from another school.
- Online tests, in particular, are easy to administer and are ideal for testing new or prospective students at any time of the year.